4.24.2010

Drop Everything And Read

I managed to rearrange some books I have collected over the years after finishing reading Sophie Kinsella's 'Can You Keep a Secret?' and realized that I haven't even bother going over the synopsis of most of the books.

Then the DEAR activity from grade school suddenly comes to mind. Drop Everything And Read. I never took the activity seriously. I just pretended that I was reading whatever book I brought to school.

I wasn't a fan of literature. I only read stuff when there are requirements to be submitted such as essays, book reports, and theme papers. But I have to admit that they're really interesting. Really. I just didn't have the drive to go deeper. Whatever.

Thinking things over, I realized that I had all the time in the world to read all those books. I should have read them all. I should have.

Now, I decided to start reading more books (novels in particular) and to keep a list of all the books I have read (those that weren't part of the school curriculum. HAHA)

Here's the list in no particular order: (I'll keep updating this as often as I can :))
1. P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
2. For One More Day by Mitch Albom
3. By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho
4. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
5. Only If you can Find Me by Patricia Laurel
6. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
7.

Suggestions? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?